Monday 10 September 2012

Research and Planning - The Chase



This was my first attempt at video recording, editing and adding music to a sequence in a group. For a first attempt I don't think it's half bad! I'm quite happy with the way the editing was done, as the straight cuts and transitions seem to be quite smooth and clean compared to how I imagined my first attempt at editing to look. I'm quite proud of how the different camera angles were cut together in the scene where I was putting my bag on, as it makes the scene more interesting and demonstrates the group's creative editing abilities at such an early stage. I'm not particularly pleased with the sound on this video, as although the music fits the running sequence and fits the title of "The Chase" it doesn't particularly fit the ending where the slow motion effect has been applied along with the heartbeat sound. I hope to learn from this first attempt and apply the knowledge and techniques I'm already aware of to any future attempts.

If I was to do this task again and have longer to do it, I would ensure the camera was on a tripod so the camera movement was smoother and steadier, giving a more professional look. If I'd had more time I would have marked certain spots on the floor with tape to use a specific marks to hit whilst running/acting in the scenes to improve continuity through the different takes/angles of the same action/movement. As for mise-en-scene, seeing as the plot-line idea was a college student running out of their house to get to college because they were late and then being followed by another creepy stalker type student, the clothing worn in the video was suitable and so were the locations that were used. Personally, I would have liked to have spent longer searching for, or composing/recording, the background music on the video, as I think it is the biggest area that let the video down.

Overall I'm rather pleased with this first attempt!!

No comments:

Post a Comment