Sunday 16 December 2012

Research and Planning - Poster Experience

I was put in charge of promoting a theatre production of 'Alice in Underland' (a loving rip-off of Alice in Wonderland) and consequently made a range of posters to be put up around the local area where the production was taking place. This gave me good experience with making professional looking posters on Photoshop and I can apply this experience to making my horror film poster.

I also gained useful knowledge from creating the posters for the theatre production. I made sure the colours i used to create the background of the poster were suited to the fantasy genre of the theatre production as well as the personality and costume of the character depicted in the poster. This is something I can apply to my horror poster. I also used a font that suited the genre of the theatre production and gave my actress a pose that reflected her character and character's personality - something I can also do with my horror film poster.

The 'Alice in Underland' poster is below:


No comments:

Post a Comment