Friday 4 January 2013

Research and Planning - Magazine Feedback

Facebook feedback for my finished magazine mock up:


I am very pleased with the positive feedback I have received both from this draft and previous drafts and the only thing people seem to be unsure about is my masthead font. I think I'm going to recreate this draft on Photoshop and have a mess around with different masthead fonts to see if I can improve the look of my magazine.

Originally I was aiming for a 1920s Cinema Box Office style font for my Masthead, as I thought it would look distinctly film related and would fit nicely with an old style film strip behind it. However, I'm now debating if it is suitable for my film magazine, as I've had some negative feedback about it and I do suppose it is not the typical font you would find on the masthead of a widely sold, mass market, major film magazine like EMPIRE or Total Film.

No comments:

Post a Comment