Sunday 20 January 2013

Research and Planning - Murder Article

One of the scenes I am filming is an over the shoulder shot of my male actor searching an online news article regarding the 100 year old mystery of a dead girl which he has become transfixed with on his laptop. Therefore, I needed to create a BBC News style webpage for the scene to put up on the laptop screen.

BBC News Article:

I wrote the article from scratch, edited the photographs and even made sure the name on the internet tab matched the news article and put 'murder archives' in the Google search bar, making sure every detail was accurate and believable!

How it will look on the screen for filming:

My actor will use the scrollbar to navigate up and down the article. it's a shame the 'photopreview' bar is at the top and the bottom of the screen, however I'm sure the article will detract attention away from the photo preview top and bottom toolbars.

The photos I edited for the Article:

 Creating the above webpage article took a very long time as it was created on MS Paint! However I do like the way it looks... such a shame it will only play a 4 second role in my trailer! However, being a perfectionist, I want every detail to be correct, accurate and believable in my trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment