Friday 16 November 2012

Research and Planning - Poster/Magazine costume and props list

For my poster and magazine I want the main photograph/image to contain my lead male character and possibly my female lead character from the film trailer.

My male character's clothing for the poster and magazine will be the same as his clothing in the horror trailer. The clothing colours in the trailer may change as the trailer progresses to show the passing of time, as the film is not set over the period of a day, more like a week or month, so the clothing changes in certain scenes need to portray this. The general idea for the male character's clothing is:
  • Black jeans/Dark jeans

  • Black/Dark coloured t-shirt

  • Leather jacket

  • Black boots

Whichever set of clothing the male character wears in the most notable and memorable sections of the trailer should be the clothing the character wears for the magazine and poster photographs.
  As the female lead is supposed to be dead, she would not have the opportunity to change her costume, so the costume in the trailer should be the costume worn in the photographs for the poster and magazine. The costume/clothing and make-up for the dead girl/female lead is:
  • White slightly discoloured dress, with black marks on it and possible rips, needs to be/look wet (i will modify a dress/nighty like the one pictured below)
 
  •  white flat pump style shoes/dolly shoes
  • make up effects to make the throat look slit and bleeding

  • white zombie style contact lenses

  • dark eye make up and make up effects to make the character look deathly/zombie-ish/vampire-ish

I really want to include the mirror scene in either the poster or magazine cover and so I will need a mirror as a prop. I may potentially need a vintage style lantern also. But I want the focus of my photographs for the poster and magazine to be on the characters and the location they are in.

No comments:

Post a Comment