Friday 30 November 2012

Research and Planning - Budget Update

I set myself the budget of £20 for costume and props and today I purchased 1 costume and 2 props in preparation for some test runs and mock up filming tomorrow.

I purchased a gothic looking lantern from IKEA and used some black shoe polish to make the item look older and more vintage. I also purchased a pack of 4 candles for the lantern. The lantern cost £7.25. The candles cost £1.95. Both are pictured (IKEA website picture) below:

I also bid on (and won) a dress for my female lead's costume on eBay. The dress cost £3.69 and is pictured below (eBay picture):


The dress sadly won't arrive in time for the mock up version of the trailer, but will be perfect for the real version of the trailer.

So today I spent a total of £12.89, over half of the budget. My partner protested I'm spending too much money, however I spent 3 days trying to find the cheapest candle holding lantern I could which was the IKEA one and after scouting around charity shops and looking on eBay the dress I bought was also the cheapest I found. I'm not entirely sure how cheap my partner expects things to be, but it shouldn't matter as I'm the one doing mise-en-scene and therefore having to pay for it anyway.

Items I have yet to get are:

-red spray paint/paint
-white contact lenses
-white dolly shoes
-vintage looking knife

I have no idea how I'm going to purchase all that whilst keeping within the budget, but I'm hoping my media partner can spare £5 to help me out if the cost of things does go above £20 - I'm sure he will (I'll make sure he can't refuse haha!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment