Tuesday 6 November 2012

Research and Planning - Production Logo Idea

The initial idea for the Production Company name was "Phantom Productions" I love this name and love the whole concept of a spooky phantom style production company logo, so I attempted to create a phantom style production logo on pixlr.com (a free online website which has all the tools as Photoshop has). However, half way through the Phantom style logo I accidentally turned the entire logo red, but soon realised the red, black and phantom style text I had created looked really good together... but the red didn't suit the whole black and white phantom style of the initial logo I had intended to create, so I changed the production company name to 'Shot Dead Productions' and created bullet holes and added a blood effect onto the logo also. I know the first mock up logo I have created is very different to what I had intended on creating, but I feel it fits the horror genre better than phantom productions would as 'phantom' seems more thriller than horror and I love the red/black colour scheme of 'shot dead' more than the black/white colour scheme that 'phantom' would have been. I will show my partner this new idea and see what he thinks, as we could always use the 'phantom' idea for another logo such as a partnering production company, or distribution company - just as Twisted Pictures and Lionsgate are often partnered on horror films.

Shot Dead Productions:


No comments:

Post a Comment